PEARL FLOWERS


PEARLS

At times, when I have been walking and suddenly felt a pebble in my shoe or a pricker from a plant poking me, it's IRRITATING! I'm sure you have had similar experiences. Today for some reason I thought about an oyster doing whatever he does in order to produce a PEARL! It is such a peculiar thing to contemplate, an oyster producing an exquisite PEARL as a result of some irritant that has gotten embedded into their body. I find it fascinating how, in life, there can be irritants or foreign matter that gets inside or outside any and maybe all, living creatures; beetles inside trees, forest fires, worms inside animals, germs inside of humans, and on and on.

These irritants or disturbances, to say the least, can maim, harm or kill whatever its prey is. This is the process of NATURE; but look what comes of these beasts that irritate! In the case of the oyster, a small bit of something, even a food particle from the sea can begin the process of irritation or grit that can make the oyster get to work. What the result of all this grinding and gritting is a PEARL! There are usually 1 maybe 2 pearls per  OYSTER, after all that work; but oh what a gift to the world.

All this reminds me of the grit and irritants that we are faced with in our daily lives every day. It certainly makes me think of how I deal with these little darlings and how well I succeed in tackling them appropriately or if I allow them to get the best of me? I'm happy to report that it has been a very long time since anything got the best of me! Sometimes I see this grit coming and sometimes I don't but in any case I am much more in control of my handling whatever deftly!

Even the mighty oak, when cracked open a little seed falls out, any seed goes through so much shuffling about to be opened and flourish; a baby being born, a runners pain. Thinking about these kinds of things, as a natural way of NATURE assures me that NATURE really knows what it is doing despite the IRRITANTS and grit!


The next time we feel grit

We can remember the 

Grit that makes the PEARL!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog