ANGEL TRUMPET


CAPABLE


The other day I had someone tell me I was CAPABLE! I can't remember anyone ever telling me that! I felt so seen and acknowledged! It made me really look at what I am CAPABLE of and what I am not. I have NOTICED a few activities and accomplishments I am no longer CAPABLE of and sometimes I miss not being able to do them; like running, entertaining, traveling, shopping in stores, gardening, arranging or re-arranging furniture etc, hiking, camping, to name a few.

However I then turned my mind into acknowledging and claiming activities and interests I still am CAPABLE of doing, like walking, doing stretches, Tai Chi, Yoga, QiGong, if only for a few minutes. I can write (blogs and journaling and writing Small Stones poetry) create small arrangements in my apartment. Tend to my houseplants, support people however it's appropriate, reading, communicating, watercoloring and doodling. Most activities and endeavors are on the slower, quieter side than before but that suits me just fine.

Interestingly enough I don't pine for an activities I can no longer do, I just flash on them now and then. I do occasionally catch myself feeling jealous seeing some people doing certain things, but it doesn't last long. I just remember to give thanks for what I can do. 

The beauty of getting older is that we have a CHOICE, and an OPPORTUNITY to CREATE our life anew! Even if we have to forego certain loves, there is something else that can take its place. Many of the new CHOICES may seem boring or illusive or just plain out of reach because they call for quieter, exploration, like meditating or daydreaming of sorts. There is a substitute for a great many endeavors like audiobooks and large print books instead of regular print books. I love listening to children's books and poetry on audio books, a whole new world of delight!There are some delightful ways to paint by creating one's own design.

I have done a lot of reading about gardens of all kinds and one of my favorite past times is to read about famous gardens down through the centuries. One gardener several hundred years ago was a man named CAPABILITY Brown. He was a genius in landscaping huge areas of property in England. His name always struck me as a man fully CAPABLE of performing major feats in the gardening world.

Sometimes I have to go through a mourning period for the loss of something I have loved or accomplished but that lasts a very short time. My mind seems to search for a substitute or a diversion and I'm on to the next love. I'm also very guarded about my interests. I don't let myself get sidetracked onto some activity that does not feed my soul!


The world is full

Of wondrous things,

Maybe catch up on 

Past interests!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog