RE-THINKING


Greetings everyone! It has been a while since I've written a blog due to several bumps along the road, one being hand surgery. It was rather daunting but I'm healing nicely and can do more activities now, namely writing.

I have been able to spend quiet time reading, drawing, studying whatever I'm drawn to easily and thoughtfully. I realize that I can make a blessing out of any deviation or set back when I choose to. Fighting it only prolongs the process.

I have recently joined a book group on line reading the book, THINK AGAIN by Adam Grant.  It is about just that, THINK AGAIN, helping us to open our minds (and our hearts) to another way of viewing things! Especially ideas and beliefs we have long held to be 'true' and lasting. 

I have never read such an inspiring book of this nature! It is written so well, suggesting LOOKING at a POSSIBILITY of some better, perhaps, easier way of addressing serious conflicts and situations in which we are all living with each day, both personally and GLOBALLY!

I have never been so interested and CURIOUS about better COMMUNICATION, LISTENING SKILLS, DEEP THINKING, POSITIVE SOLUTIONS to LIFE changing problems and disasters in my life! I think it is because I am PAYING ATTENTION to the crisis we are in in our world! This is no dress rehearsal!

For the first time, I am amazed at how clear it is to me that following the suggestions in this book is at least one SOLUTION to our problems! Now that sounds like a LARGE statement to make but once you read this book, you'll see what I mean. There is a concrete way to APPROACH pressing ISSUES of the day!

This will not come about on a grand scale in my lifetime but we have a precious FUTURE to think about! I am happy to learn that some of these 'new ways' have already begun! 

Just look closely at this photo...the beauty, power and magnificence of the colors and formations. All the beauty and resources are our birthright and we are at last conscious enough now to know how to take care of it through AWARENESS, CO-OPERATION and ACTION. 

That is very heartwarming to me! While listening to someone talk about 'ACTION', I pondered ,'What is an ACTION', I can do? She suggested, 'If you write, write about this'. BINGO I knew I can do that! So I plan to write my thoughts, feeling and experiences about whatever comes up that I feel helps me express myself and hopefully connect with you all.

It seems that whatever arises for me always goes back to KINDNESS! KINDNESS on all fronts, between people, situations, the EARTH.


All that, 

as you know,

 comes from the HEART.



BLESSINGS





Comments

Popular posts from this blog