BIRDS NEST


NESTING


That is just how I feel, NESTING! The move went ever so smoothly and I am settling in to my new home.
It feels surreal to me, seeing my belongings in their rightful places and I didn't move them! Virtually everything ready to be used and enjoyed! I LOVE settling in .. . One of my favorite things to do! (I'm beginning to 'get' that I actually live here now!)

I was offered a guest room for the moving day which I gratefully accepted and a friend and I enjoyed a leisurely afternoon waiting for the huge unveiling! It was so restful and enjoyable, no worries, no pressure!

I was so happy coming home to a new space. It has been a good feeling although I'm still getting used to 'the mirror image' of everything! I wonder if I'll ever reach for the light switch where it actually is, instead of on the 'other side' of the doorway!

I learned a lot during this moving process:

 I was so smart to let go of many things I thought I'd need or want someday!
I appreciate those people who have a left/right challenge in life, with directions, light switches, where sun sets and rises.
Locating your car in the parking lot, especially a large one like an airport.
How important it is to be ORGANIZED and know what you are doing         and
Know where you are going!!!
How to stay out-of-the-way of the movers! Honor their space and their judgment (as much as possible)!
COMMUNICATE important information to the movers and whom ever is helping. SPEAK UP AND ASK QUESTIONS!!!
Label EVERYTHING so you know where it goes in the new place!
Be generous with wrapping, notes, whatever is needed to communicate. The UNPACKING can be even more of a challenge. One item at a time, please! Even one room at a time, if possible!

I tend to be impatient and rush around putting things in order. Now I'm NOTICING I have to pace myself way slower and do what I can do as long as I can do it. There is nobody coming by to check if I am 'all moved in'!

No matter what the new place offers, there is always beauty, goodness, newness, opportunity and pleasure in there somewhere! Anyone can adjust to a new situation! Many years ago, I took a workshop called CREATE AND ADJUST (anything). It was one of the most valuable things that helped change my life!

There are a few elements that are different and I am getting used to them, even in 6 days time. all this is good for my brain, I can see that and it keeps me on my toes!

What I'm particularly GRATEFUL for is that I have a beautiful, convenient, clean and manageable 'new' apartment to enjoy with a lovely view of the lake and many trees! Ahhhhh! I had all the help I needed and am at PEACE!



Beauty and convenience are in 
The eyes of the beholder
Make use of it and ENJOY!!!


BLESSINGS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog