WHITE BLEEDING HEART


SUBSTITUTES


SUBSTITUTES is a word I'm sure we're all familiar with! We all do it at one time or another. This concept can apply to cooking, baking, sewing, painting, writing, destinations, agreements, literature, movies,  closed facilities, on and on it goes! When we don't have the ingredient, part of a whole, answer, or whatever we want we are forced to SUBSTITUTE or go without, and few of us want to go without . . .

I'm becoming very familiar with the art of SUBSTITUTIONS in a great many things! During any kind of shopping, I find myself having to choose something different than I had in mind. Sometimes to a immense surprise, I like it better! For instance, when I moved into my apartment, I was not able to have carpet on my floors. I really liked my carpet in my other apartment but much to my amazement, I love my vinyl (wooded) floors very much! They are beautiful and easy to maintain! Who knew . . .they seemed so different from carpeting!

Sometime we can't find a SUBSTITUTE for the item we desire, and when we do, we're really not that happy with it, however it is usually worth trying and then seeing how we like it. It actually is a vital part of LIFE! If we can learn to CHOOSE an ALTERNATIVE, A SUBSTITUTE graciously, (if possible, ) we will be very happy and will have ACCEPTED our decision with grace!

Some things just can't be SUBSTITUTED and so it is best to ACCEPT that (after much hassle and disappointment.) Some things and people can be CHOSEN with an open heart and a willingness to try and accept new situations and make the best of them! It really is up to us whether we are satisfied and happy or setting our cap on having to have everything  our way!

Being FLEXIBLE is a mind set and we all have to work on it everyday. Any little sliver of a something can displease us and we are miserable. Think about the times you have been disappointed and unwilling to budge in your DECISIONS or CHOICES! Countless  . . . and I would guess that for the most part, you have ended up better off and even relieved and happy!

Be KIND with yourself and others if there is something that you cannot have the way you really want it and see how you deal with it.

I have had to make numerous SUBSTITUTIONS in my life style the last year and they haven't all been happy ones, but I am determined to CREATE and ADJUST to all as best I can. So far I have gotten over my disappointments fairly quickly and SUBSTITUTED good choices for myself. We all can do that!!


Go for the 

creative side of 

yourself 

consciously!


BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog